Friday, February 03, 2006

RSS, Vlogs, and Audioblogs

I'm happy to have discovered Bloglines this week through blog06. I'd heard of RSS (Really Simple Syndication) feeds before, but I've never had the time to play around to figure out exactly what they are until now. Hopefully it will let me keep a little more up-to-date with all of the blogs and websites I try to read every day! I feel guilty for not having time to regularly read the news any more--most days I just glance at the headlines in the NY Times and that's it. There's an online version of El Heraldo, B/quilla's main newspaper, but I maybe get around to that one once every month. Every morning when I'm lying in bed not wanting to get up there's one or two men who walk through the streets by my housing, shouting "El Heraldo," and believe me, I think every time that I should get one so I could know more what's going on in the city I live in. But it just never seems to happen...

This week I've also been tinkering with video blogging. I don't want to have to pay for a service to host my videos, but so far I've not found anything that's been easy to use. Any suggestions? I'm also interested in adding audio, but I need to go buy a microphone first. It would be much easier if I was back in the 'nati where I could simply call from my cell to audioblogger!

1 comment:

Sus Nyrop said...

OK Erin,
so now we're looking forward to hear an audio recording of your Columbian Spanish accent :-)

And, I certainly hope that someone will start fiddling with and sharing the Audioblogger service - before I have to take it up myself :-)

For simple plain video blogging, did you try out Odeomatic? We'll get a bit into that in week 5 I think.

Great blog posts; obviously you're not new to this :-)
yours blogsister Sus