Life abroad in Colombia and El Salvador and thoughts about being "back" in the States
Saturday, March 28, 2009
The Shocking Shower
This my disclaimer on my shocking shower, just in case it ever does full-on electrocute me. To begin with I had a finicky gas-heated shower, that sometimses worked and sometimes didn't. It died, I heated water on the stove for two weeks, and then finally I got this. The red wire runs up and under the light bulb. Needless to say, I think the guys who installed it were still drunk from the night before, and they forgot to ground it. So, every 30 seconds or so it shocked me. They came back, added a ground, and it was okay for a week or so. Now it's back to shocking me, worse than before! They fixed the gas two days ago, but didn't take off the electric part...gotta love Manizales!