- I climbed half of a volcano (Izalco), so I half met my resolution to climb a volcano. I want to drive up the next one. Volcano rocks suck to walk on. On the same trip, I learned that when clouds move in scary sounding swarms of insects come are pushed along with the clouds because they don't like the cold. I have no idea if this is true or not, but could pass on seeing that again.
- I got engaged. Yea! (note: picture was staged afterwards, the real thing took place on valentine's day when I came home from stressed and grumpy and half asleep).
- I was thrown in a pool with all my clothes on by a bunch of drunk Colombians and Ecuadorans. But that's okay, because I got to dance salsa and vallenato all afternoon, and everyone else present was also thrown into the pool. Even after a year and a half in El Salvador, Colombians still win in my book!
- Resolution that I need to do some extensive traveling in South America, and that before I die, I will make it to the Galapagos.
- Looking for a new job is no fun. We'll see what happens, and I still have a while.
- I don't think my cat is going to grow out of kneading my head. Not good.
- I finally found someone who actually understands my tax situation, but that also means that my taxes have to be redone for the past two years. Expat fun never ends (if that's what I am).
- Semana santa will be spent in San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua. Yea, nice beach and cheap(er) prices.
Monday, February 25, 2008
This was my February: