Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Somewhere west of Puerto Libertad

This was yet another car trip to La Libertad, which is really only about a half hour or forty minutes away from San Salvador, at least when there's no traffic. I was highly regretting my choice of standard transmission on the way back though, when that half hour became three hours! And supposedly semana santa is even worse, when the whole country either heads to the shore or to Guatemala. I'll be on my way to Honduras instead, with a friend from Ohio.

And how had I managed to be here for seven months without having been to the closest beach? Good question...that many months without real sun turned my skin from pasty to lobster waaaaay to quickly. At any rate, nice conversation, fun with sea urchins and hermit crabs, and a hamaca.




No comments: