Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Semana santa travels- Part I

So, the plans to go to the Amazon unfortunately didn't pan out. Saturday and Sunday were spent with Heather in Parque Tayrona. I liked Tayrona a lot, especially since you can't really be outdoors and do outdoors kinds of things in Barranquilla. Now I'm convinced that I need to buy camping equipment so I can do these kinds of things more often. Sunday night I flew out of Santa Marta to my present location. At the moment, I'm here in Bogota, which isn't all that bad, but it is cold and rainy and has ginormous traffic jams. All of this leads up to the fact that I haven't really seen or done that much here. Yesterday was walking around the Candelaria area, feeling a little sick, and then to the Escaleras, where it started pouring and took over 2 hours to get back to where I'd left from. Today was Monserrate and the Museo de Oro. So, not much achieved here. Not even any good, cheap shopping. Oh well. Tomorrow I'm headed to Manizales, in the eje cafetero. It's somewhere between 6 and 8 hours from here on bus, depending on who you talk to. I hope (rather pessimistically) that it won't be as cold as Bogota!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Hey! There's another blogger Erin living in Colombia. Looks like we were at Parque Tayrona at the same time last week too. Who knew?

Anonymous said...

Erin:
You still have one more long weekend. Do something you really like. Do not think about money, your students, essays.
Just go for it!
You are a young girl whose life deserves to enjoy nature!
So, just go to the places where you enjoy.
A hot ( No too much ) place would be fine.
Erick